With the engine at operating temperature and turned off, check the oil level on the dipstick.
- Park the vehicle on level ground. After turning off the engine, wait a few minutes for the oil to drain back in the bottom of the engine.
- Hold a drag under the end pull the dipstick out.
- Wipe the dipstick clean.
- Reinsert the dipstick fully.
- Holding a rag under the end, pull the dipstick out and check the oil level.
- Wipe the dipstick and reinsert it fully.
To prevent serious engine damage
Check the oil level on regular basis.
When replacing the engine oil
- Be careful not to spill engine oil on the vehicle components.
- Avoid overfilling, as the engine could be damaged.
- Check the oil level on the dipstick every time you refill the vehicle.
- Be sure the engine oil filler cap is properly tightened.