Domestic Automobile Operations (DAO), hereby, expresses its willingness to work for a better environment for all its valued Associates and Customers within all its business activities and facilities affiliated with DAO. In everything that DAO does for the environment, the main objective is to obtain the targets in this Environmental Policy.
In all its activities, DAO strives to achieve solutions that balance economic objectives with environmental responsibilities through:
- Commitment to strive for maintaining the Toyota pillars of continual environmental improvement and pollution prevention, and demonstrating full respect to our associates and the public at large.
- Complying with all relevant Saudi environmental legislation and Toyota Motor Corporation's (TMC) Earth Charter objectives.
- Setting a framework to achieve and review our objectives and targets:
- Assigning environmental, health and safety promotion staff within each facility.
- Improving the management system of industrial wastes (hazardous and non-hazardous) generated by various business activities.
- Treating (or recycling) sewage and rain waters as per local and international legal guidelines.
- Improving the recovery of HFC/CFC Freon in our facilities and service centers.
- Controlling noise hazards, and improving ventilation systems within ALJ facilities and service centers to protect air bags and seat pretensioners, and to minimize risks of heat & chemical exposures.
- Wherever it is possible, utilizing and purchasing environment-friendly tools and equipment within all company facilities and future projects.
- Cooperating with all suppliers and contractors to achieve our environmental objectives and targets.
- Communicating the Environmental Policy, knowledge and awareness among our Associates, Contractors and Guests.
- Communicating our environmental activities and policies with the local community, in light of TMC action guidelines.